reasons for the loss of normal appetite.
- serious liver diseases: chronic renal failure, cirrhosis.
- Serious diseases of the cardiovascular system, acute heart failure.
- Pneumonia, HIV, hepatitis, kidney infection, influenza.
- inflammation of the intestine, alimentary canal or pancreatitis.
- endocrine problems, low levels of thyroid hormone, diabetes.
- Some types of cancer - cancer of the blood, stomach cancer, colon cancer.
- Autoimmune diseases - rheumatoid arthritis and scleroderma.
- Certain medications, antibiotics, anesthetics, chemotherapy, medication for diabetes.
- digitalis drugs, Demerol, morphine, sympathomimetics - for example, ephedrine.
- Psychiatric disorders: anorexia nervosa, depression, schizophrenia.
- Certain types of dementia - such as Alzheimer's disease.
In addition, some bad habits also cause loss of appetite: the use of soft sweets or sweetened drinks between meals.Sometimes, excessive use of "heavy" foods rich in saturated fats, can cause loss
Diagnostics loss of appetite.
If there is a gradual loss of appetite accompanied by weight loss, you need a medical examination - these symptoms may indicate serious health problems.
When a medical examination is carried out a series of tests to determine the cause of poor appetite.A blood test determines whether the cause lies in hormonal imbalance of diabetes, liver disease.Analysis of urine to determine kidney infection.Chest X-ray allows you to identify lung cancer or pneumonia.Among the medical procedures, diagnosing the causes of poor appetite, the most common are:
- complete blood count,
- HIV test,
- of the abdominal cavity,
- testing kidney function, liver,
- barium enema,
- thyroid function,
- X-rays of the upper gastrointestinal tract,
- pregnancy test.
long-term consequences of the lack of appetite.
If for several weeks continued lack of appetite, the result could be exhaustion, lack of nutrients necessary for its normal functioning.Many of the effects depend on the cause of the loss of appetite.For example, diabetes can lead to disruption of various internal organs (kidneys, nervous system, eyes), and cancer - fatal.
Treatment of loss of normal appetite.
largely Treatment depends on the cause of the condition.Typically, the appetite is recovering from the disease, which caused poor appetite, completely cured.
- If loss of appetite associated with pregnancy, it is as such treatment is not necessary, in a few weeks the appetite recovers himself.
- If the loss of appetite caused by nausea, then the treatment is used mainly drugs such as ondansetron or promethazine.
- If the loss of appetite caused by appendicitis require surgical intervention.
- People suffering from dementia, appoint high-calorie nutrient mixture, and even artificial feeding through a gastrostomy tube.
- If anorexia is associated with reduced levels of thyroid hormone are assigned to specific hormone replacement drugs.
- If the reason for lack of appetite are infectious diseases, antibiotic treatment is carried out.
- main methods of treating cancer are radiotherapy and chemotherapy, surgery.
Getting rid of poor appetite at home.
At home, cope with the loss of appetite helps inclusion in the diet of nutritious meals, snacks, drinks, rich in proteins.
Yeast with vitamin B complex is one of the most effective nutritional supplements.Another very well stimulate the appetite of green vegetables.Lack of the mineral zinc affects the smell and touch, and this adversely affects the person's appetite.
can stimulate appetite herbal infusions, if you drink them for half an hour before meals.With the loss of appetite caused by emotional problems, should be consumed herbal teas based on chamomile, lemon balm, fennel, peppermint.The curative properties of these herbs will not only soothe the mind, but also stimulate the appetite.