Free radicals are normally present in our body, and although each of them - only a small part of the problem, a large gathering they may cause injury, the effects of which are irreversible.These particles cause damage to the cell membranes of the DNA molecule, becoming one of the main causes of aging cells.The presence of free radicals leads to pulmonary, cardiovascular diseases and cancer.It is assumed that each cell daily produces about 10 thousand free radicals.And with them, and some are designed to combat anti-oxidants.People who are serious about the concept of antioxidants in the menu that includes foods rich in these substances have a good resistance, t. E. The consumption of healthy and nutritious foods is the best preventive measure against exposure to hazardous particles.
Antioxidants - What is it?
They are a group of elements that protect human cells from the negative effects of free radicals, which can significantly impair our immune system.From the chemical point of view, the antio
Our body has its own inherent set of antioxidants coenzyme Q10 and glutathione, which effectively fight free radicals.Unfortunately, with age, the adoption of uniform and inefficient food is constantly increasing the likelihood of exposure to adverse factors (smoke, fumes, chemical contamination of food and water), the number and the effectiveness of antioxidants decreases inversely proportional to the activity of radicals.
This means only one thing - age must be increased consumption of foods rich in vitamin C and E, beta-carotene and selenium - is one of the best antioxidants that not only inactivate free radicals, but also improve the physiology of the body, enhance its protection against viruses,bacteria and toxic substances.
mechanism of action of antioxidants
body's defense mechanisms can be divided into three levels:
- By first level are all factors that inhibit the formation of endogenous free radicals.They sound like a complete definition of "preventative antioxidants" - transferrin, ferritin, hemosiderin, lactoferrin, albumin.
- second level of protection and the main body provides tracking and removing already formed free radicals or radicals with low reactivity.This is done by enzymatic antioxidants - catalase, glutathione peroxidase and glutathione reductase.
- third level of protection is classified enzymes that partially recovered from damage by free radicals.This activity occurs in the phospholipase A2, some proteolytic enzymes, DNA restorative enzymes, etc ..
list of the most popular antioxidants:
4. Acai Berry
6. Alpha lipoic acid
8. Coenzyme Q10
9. Ginkgo Biloba
14. Blue-green algae
18. Red wine
Recent studies show that their positive effect is enhanced when used with multiple antioxidants.This raises the question: "Is it possible to create superantioksidant that effectively protects all cells from degeneration," And the answer is likely to be positive.This is because all of these ingredients may be combined appropriately to create a product that will be very useful when:
- active or passive smoking;
- daily exposure to air pollution, vehicle emissions, work in an environment with high concentrations of toxic substances, etc .;
- undue influence of sunlight;
- negative consequences of congestion;
- increased risk of cardiovascular disease, liver disease, cancer and degenerative diseases;
- in the first trimester of pregnancy to reduce the risk of congenital abnormalities and deformities;
- prevention for anyone who would like to slow the aging process and keep your body in good healthy shape even after reaching the age of 60 years;
- maintaining a young, strong, resilient and better looking skin and reduce wrinkles.
Each of us knows that the consumption of foods such as blueberries, broccoli, pomegranates, citrus fruits, and the consumption of coffee and green tea are extremely useful and desirable phenomenon for a healthy diet.But hardly any of us suspected that this sometimes creates a potential hazard to the health of the body.It is not always consistent with the full definition of antioxidants, but it is a proven fact.
Although the addition of antioxidants in a variety of dishes and drinks is considered useful, the study of American scientists from the University of Kansas shows that daily consumption of foods high in antioxidants (such as vitamins C and E) can lead to dangerous and undesirable changes in somatic cells of the human body,that significantly increases the risk of tumors and cancer.
Scientists observed how increasing the flow of oxygen to the cells affects their functioning.In their opinion antioxidant balance is extremely sensitive and even a small increase or decrease the dose of substance could have negative consequences and implications.American experts say that unjustified overdose of antioxidants can only hurt.At first glance, it may seem absurd, but it is a fact.Excessive amounts of substances with antioxidant properties reduce the body's ability to carry oxygen to the cells and this violates the key signaling pathways in the human body necessary for its normal functioning.
experiment authors believe that high doses of antioxidants, interfere with the activity of certain enzymes involved in correcting errors in the DNA chain that occurs during cell division.Study supports the hypothesis that larger doses of antioxidants can cause errors in the genetic code of the cells and the establishment of various mutations.For its part, the errors in the DNA material is a prerequisite for the development of tumors, as well as some types of cancer.
So, before you begin to use food supplements containing antioxidants, you must make sure that the body really need them.This means that not only the obligatory consultation with a specialist, but also a series of analyzes and studies.On the other hand, the lack of some antioxidants is a major cause of chronic viral and infectious diseases, premature aging, further increase the pace of development of degenerative eye diseases such as cataracts.This means that you must find the right balance to be the most logical and consistent in the consumption of antioxidants.They are combined with a healthy lifestyle will allow you to be in good shape, even in old age.