use contraception is possible and necessary.The only question is how to do it right.After all, few people know that the abuse prevention method increases the percentage of unwanted pregnancies.Here, the principle: more - does not mean better.
percentage of reliability of different methods of contraception
• implants and injectable contraceptives - 95-99%
• Oral contraceptives - 90-99%
• The diaphragm and cervical capitalization - 70-90%
• Condoms - 95-99%
• Calendar method - 50-60%
• Interrupted intercourse - 25%
• Spermicides - 28%
data is valid in view of the proper use of the above methods of contraception.That is, the efficiency is reduced at times, to use the method correctly or not ponaznacheniyu.
Success and failure using contraception
success or failure in this case varies and depends on several key factors.According to statistics, the risk of unintended pregnancies among unmarried women under the age of 20 years if one partner is about 47% in the first year of contraceptive use
For black women in the failure of the use of funds for the prevention of unwanted pregnancies account for about 20%, regardless of their social status and standard of living.For Hispanic women - 16%, while among white women - only 11%.The results of the last two groups vary depending on the financial situation and social status.
why contraception is not always effective?
reasons for the ineffectiveness of contraception are always individual and vary depending on the method used.It is possible that oral contraceptives do not work if a woman forgets to take them every day at the same time.Or, for example, a woman takes two or more pills per cycle and in parallel does not use an alternative method of preventing unwanted pregnancy.
Special diaphragms and caps, which are introduced into the cervix, can be moved from the place when you enter the penis into the vagina partner.If you enter them deep enough or wrong, they are at the time of intercourse, and no longer shifted to protect against unwanted pregnancy.
Sometimes condoms slip or break, resulting in a penetration of sperm into the vagina.Sexual abstinence or the rhythm method may fail if a woman is not able to pinpoint your ovulation period.This method is generally only suitable for women.The cycle which is stable and does not change for several years.In other cases, calculate ovulation accurately is almost impossible.
Intrauterine contraceptives are often displaced from the place which they should in principle be arranged.Coitus interruptus method may be ineffective if the pre-ejaculate the sperm of the partner manages to get into the vagina.
Tips for effective prevention of unwanted pregnancy:
• Be persistent and consistent in the use of preferred species and contraceptive methods - the effectiveness of the various methods is shown at different times.
• Carefully follow the instructions for use of the chosen means of birth control.
• If you forget to take two or more pills during ovulation, use an alternative method of protection, such as condoms.
• Antibiotics and other drugs may reduce the effectiveness of oral contraceptives.It is important to get professional advice on the particular combination of drugs and devices to prevent unwanted pregnancies.
• Take oral contraceptives at the same time each day.
• Using a condom and spermicide together with the diaphragm, for example, may lead to 100% success in preventing unwanted pregnancy.
• When using intrauterine contraceptive seek to track changes in their position.If you find any flaw, it is necessary to use alternative means to avoid pregnancy.And be sure to see your doctor.
• Call your doctor immediately after participating in unprotected sex.
• If you have any questions about the use of birth control, contact your doctor.Proper use of different types of contraceptive methods, and increase your chances of preventing unwanted pregnancy.
Remember that even a single sexual intercourse without using contraception enough for unintended pregnancy.