- It is a reversible method of contraception and sufficiently effective;
- Quite convenient to use: "set and forget";
- practically no systemic hormonal effects on the body;
- leads to a reduction of duration and volume of menstrual blood loss;
- reduces the incidence of inflammatory diseases of the pelvic organs.
Properties and action contraceptive "Mirena".
Mirena - a contraceptive intrauterine system, the core of which has the form of elastic cylinder made of plastic and contains the hormone levonorgestrel.In order for the system to better conform to the shape of the uterus, it is made in the form of a T-shaped.For easy removal of the body, the lower end of the vertical portion is a loop, which is attached to the two strands.The hormone levonorgestrel contained in the intrauterine device "Mirena" is the most-studied progestogen (semi- progesterone), and it is successfully applied in a variety of contraceptives.
«Mirena" is good for the prevention of pregnancy, it produces monthly
effective contraception "Mirena" can be compared to female sterilization.In today's time, "Mirena" in their effectiveness better than most effective copper intrauterine devices and oral contraceptives.
Indications for use of an intrauterine device "Mirena" is:
- excessive menstrual bleeding (menorrhagia);
- protection hyperplasia during estrogen replacement therapy.
- preventing pregnancy (contraception);
Contraindications to the use of "Mirena" are:
- assumed or established pregnancy;
- cancer of the cervix or uterus (suspected it);
- anomalies of the body of the uterus or cervix, in Vol. H. Caused by fibroid that lead to deformation of the uterus;
- cervical dysplasia with atypia;
- vaginal bleeding of unknown origin;
- infection of the uterus after abortion during the past 3 months;
- infections of the lower genital tract;
- inflammatory diseases of the pelvic organs
- infection of the cervix;
- postpartum infection of the uterus;
- acute disease or liver tumor;
- diseases that are accompanied by increased susceptibility to infections;
- idiosyncrasy components Mirena IUD;
- breast cancer.
Use during pregnancy and lactation.
During pregnancy use an intrauterine device "Mirena" is contraindicated.But if suddenly during its use became pregnant, the system should be removed immediately.Because if "Mirena" during pregnancy remains in the uterus, there is a high risk of premature birth or miscarriage infected.During lactation the use of "Mirena" is possible - progestin, used for birth control, have no effect on the quality and quantity of breast milk.
Side effects SCM "Mirena»
In the very first months after installation of the Navy "Mirena" may appear some side effects, which usually disappear within a couple of months and do not require additional treatment.One of the side effects that may occur is a change in menstrual bleeding that indicates a physiological response to the spiral "Mirena".Frequently observed irregular intervals bleeding, spotting, heavy bleeding or pain during menstruation, a complete cessation of menstrual flow or lengthening the time of menstruation.Note also that 12% of women were found ovarian cysts in the period of use "Mirena".
By increasing the size of the follicles (ovarian) sometimes require medical intervention.The method of contraception using "Mirena" some women may cause allergic skin reactions.If this was not effective contraception, then there is a possibility of an ectopic pregnancy.IUD "Mirena" can be very harmful because of the fact that when it is used there is a possibility of occurrence of diseases of the pelvic organs, possibly even serious.In addition, the use of the IUD "Mirena" can perforate the wall of the uterus.
Observations showed that after using a spiral from 1-10% of the women were due to: abdominal pain, nausea, pain in the pelvic area or the back, acne, weight gain, fluid retention, headache, breast roughness, nervousness, mood instability, depression, isolation cables from the vagina, inflammation of the cervical canal.Less than one percent of women, observed: genital infections, hair loss, or excessive growth, decreased libido, itchy skin.And in less than 0.1% of women were seen: migraine, urticaria, skin rashes, bloating, eczema.These side effects occur, and in the case of "Mirena" for hormone replacement therapy in combination with estrogen.