mechanism of action of COCs:
The composition includes a combination of birth control pills female sex hormones (COCs or combined oral contraceptives).With daily COC changes of the ovaries and hormonal balance in the body, which ultimately leads to inhibition of follicle maturation and release of the egg (ovulation does not occur) and pregnancy becomes impossible.
Advantages contraceptive pills:
- most reliable method of contraception (99% reliability).
- can choose COCs for women and girls of all ages, they have no age limits.Of course, a certain age group, there are "their" combination of COCs.
- align and stabilize hormones, hormone to prevent such diseases as cancer or polycystic ovaries, endometriosis.
- Establish a regular menstrual cycle.
- reduces the percentage of premenstrual syndrome, reducethe intensity of pain in the abdomen during menstruation.
- effect of birth control pills is held simultaneously with the termination of their admission.
- If you decide to get pregnant
- after the abolition of COCs chances are much higher.
- has a positive effect in the presence of mastitis.
Disadvantages of contraceptivesTablets:
- COCs must be taken by the clock every day. If you miss taking one pill, the chances of pregnancy increase significantly.
- At the same time taking some medicines, the effect may be reduced.
- At the beginning of the reception there may be bleeding in the middle of the cycle.
- COCs are able to increase the appetite, and they retain water in the body.If you do not need to recover, you have to follow the diet and physical activity.
- After the cancellation there is an increase in fertility and you can easily get pregnant.
- COC - a drug.They, like all medications there are indications, contraindications and side effects, which it is necessary to read from their reception.
Mechanism of action:
There is a simple spiral that on the basis of a foreign body prevents the implantation of a fertilized egg in the lining of the uterus.And intrauterine hormonal system secretes hormones that act on the spot and through its effects inhibit the implantation of the egg.
- 75-80% efficiency of the method.
- During intercourse, there is no discomfort.
- almost no side effects, if it is properly installed.
- Ease of use (one IUD can be used 3-5 years).
- can be used during breastfeeding.
- cheapness of the method.
- After removing the pregnancy is possible again.
- Because of a foreign body in the uterus there is the highest probability of inflammatory diseases.
- The risk of ectopic pregnancy in 4 times.
- possible complications of IUD insertion.
Which protection methods to choose, you need to solve a strictly individual basis and at the same time be sure to consult a gynecologist, who will appreciate when viewed overall health of women, and give correct recommendations.