milk allergy has its negative consequences and effects on the health of the baby.Thus, the child begins to suffer from bloating, gas formation constant, often cries and burps.And some babies may be nausea after the procedure of feeding and constipation.
manifestations of allergic reactions to milk in infants
main signs of potential allergies to milk protein in newborns deemed to eight symptoms:
- Diarrhea - fairly common disorder in newborns.The appearance of blood in the stool is a sign of severe milk allergy.
- Nausea and frequent regurgitation after feeding procedures.
- irritation and rashes on the skin.
- change in the child's behavior.Infants allergic to milk, is very common and long cry because of the pain in their stomach.
- changes in body weight.Low weight gain or, more generally, its absence due to diarrhea and nausea are signs of a serious disorder.
- Flatulence.A large number of generated gases in the stomach of the child as evidence of an allergy to milk proteins.
- Wheezing or shortness o
- dehydration, loss of appetite, lack of energy, which occur due to allergic disorders in the newborn.The child is not enough nutrients, which prevents child's body grow and develop normally.
Why develop an allergy to milk
The fact that some of the proteins that make up milk, are potential allergens and can cause allergic reactions.These proteins and include casein, and whey, which are major components of milk.Of the total milk protein casein makes up 80% whey - up to 20%, and comprises two major allergic component - laktaglobulin beta and alpha-lactalbumin.
Where child's immune system responds to the milk proteins both the hazardous substance (such as an infection, a foreign protein), it triggers an immune response, namely an allergic reaction in response to an allergen, as is in this case milk protein.In turn, this leads to violations of the gastrointestinal tract of the newborn, discomfort and constant crying baby.Breastfeeding is associated with a lower risk of developing an allergy to breast milk to artificial nutrition.
age, allergic to milk should pass on its own, it usually happens when the child reaches the age of three.But, unfortunately, there are examples where the children saved allergic to milk proteins throughout life.
Feeding children with allergies to milk proteins
children who are allergic to milk, do not eat yogurt, cheese, ice cream, porridge, containing a part of milk cows.Not recommended as buttermilk and butter.
Cow's milk can be replaced with almond, rice, oatmeal or soy milk.To the baby had plenty of nutrients should be combined substitute cow's milk with tofu and fruit juices.
allergy and lactose intolerance
There is a misconception that lactose intolerance and milk allergy - synonymous concepts, which is not true.Lactose intolerance implies a neperevarivanie milk and sugar rarely occurs in infants.He suffered her older children and adults.This idiosyncrasy carbohydrate milk.And allergy develops in response to the milk protein instead of sugar, and is common in infants and young children.