Over the past 30 years the number of children born by caesarean, increased by 20%.In November 2009, the Centre for Health Protection and Control of the Russian Federation said that the level of Caesarean section is a record in the country - 29.1%, accounting for almost a quarter of the total number of births.This means that 1 out of 4 women gave birth by caesarean section.
As with any surgical procedure, there are some risks.Is no exception and the procedure cesarean section.It is important to be aware of all the pros and cons of this operation, in a timely manner to consult a physician and be prepared for possible problems and difficulties after surgery.If you decide to give birth by Caesarean section voluntarily - you need to know some facts about this procedure.
To start, consider the pros.Actually, there is only one - the absence of Prirodova pain and stress.What is called the "asleep-awake, and the child is already near."However, women do not take into account the fact that the pain after cesar
risks and complications for the mother:
Consider the most frequent of these risks associated with any surgery
- Infection: infection may occur in surgical wounds in the uterus and other pelvic organs such as the bladder.
- bleeding or increased blood loss: bleeding at birth by caesarean section is higher than in normal birth.This may result in the need for blood transfusions due to anemia (6 out of 100 women need blood transfusions).
- organ damage: can damage organs such as the bladder.
- Spikes: complications after cesarean section, the formation of adhesions in the pelvis.This will prevent the onset of the next pregnancy or cause its complications: placenta previa or placental abruption.
- length of hospital stay: after birth by caesarean section a normal hospital stay is 5-7 days if there are no complications after the birth.
- long period to recover: required period of time for recovery after cesarean section can last from several weeks to several months, which affects your relationship with the child (in 14 cases out of a hundred women suffer from pain for six or more months after surgery).
- reaction to anesthesia: you may have a negative reaction to anesthesia that is given during a cesarean or reaction to pain, sedatives, which are given after surgery.
- risk additional operations: for example, such as hysterectomy recovery bladder or another cesarean section.
- mother's death: maternal mortality during cesarean section more than in normal birth.
- Emotional reactions: women who gave birth by caesarean, claim that they have unpleasant memories of the birth of a child.There may be problems in the relationship with your child.
risks and complications for the baby:
- Prematurity: if the pregnancy has not calculated correctly, the child born by caesarean may be premature and have a low weight.
- Respiratory problems: when the baby is born by caesarean, he may have trouble breathing.Some studies show that there is a need for immediate help for the child immediately after cesarean section, which is not required for normal birth.
- lower Apgar scores: low Apgar results can be caused by anesthesia, stress on the fetus before birth and lack of stimulation during childbirth (vaginal delivery provide natural stimulation of the baby in the birth canal).Babies born by caesarean have a 50% chance of low Apgar scores than those who were born in the normal mode.
- fetal damage: very rare operation may damage the fetus, causing injuries such as scratches during cutting.(2 out of every 100 infants may scratch during surgery).
If the doctor suggests the birth by caesarean, but you're not in an emergency situation, give yourself time to discuss your options for a successful implementation.
- Ask your doctor to explain why the recommended Caesarean section.
- Ask, what are the alternatives in your specific case.
- Ask your doctor to give you a comparison of all possible risks and complications during birth naturally and for caesarean section.
- Discuss normal procedures after birth by caesarean section (for example, when you can see your baby as soon after birth you can breastfeed if you are taking medication, etc.
Remember that the pros and caesarean sectionunequal number of disadvantages, with superiority in the minuses. And, in this article were given only the most basic of them. And then there are the following: lack of milk after a caesarean, the impossibility of natural birth, depression and pain, the inability to sexual activity earlier than three months after surgeryetc. You still want to give birth after cesarean? Then get everything ready.